File Your Taxes for Free at One of Our Sites
South Sound Outreach aims to further help clients learn how to retain more of their annual tax refunds through financial education programs. We are expanding efforts to incorporate financial education and asset building programs at our tax sites.
Pierce County residents should call to see whether their tax situation qualifies for free services. Your income must be under $50,000 and we cannot serve you if you received any capital gains or losses in the sale of stock, or if your self-employment expenses are greater than $5,000. If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please call.
What to bring to your tax appointment
All tax clients must bring:
- All W2s received from your employer(s)
- Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for all members of household
- Picture ID (adults)
If applicable, bring:
- Your check book to verify bank account number if you want direct deposit.
- Forms 1099 or 1098, if any
- A copy of last year's tax return, if available
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- Any other tax related documents received
- If itemizing, bring an itemized list of expense
*South Sound Outreach is currently not doing itemized returns until March 1st. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation and support.