Find Out How to Get Signed up as a Volunteer
Our tax volunteer training calendar is now available!
In order to attend training you will need to have filled out the online application. Please send Blake Marzloff an email to request your training spot. He will send you an email confirmation and add you to the online calendar.
All trainings above will be held at the Tacoma Goodwill at 714 S. 27th Street, Tacoma, WA.
At training, we will cover tax law and using the TaxWise software. New volunteers should plan on attending both Basic and Intermediate training sessions. All tax preparers will need to be certified to Intermediate level, and are encouraged to certify to the Advanced level.
Veteran volunteer tax preparers are encouraged to attend the update training and/or an intermediate training day to go over tax law changes and practice using the TaxWise software.
Update Training - This is a training for veteran volunteers to discuss tax law changes and reacquaint with the TaxWise software.
- December 3rd, 2011 / 9am – 12pm / 25 computer spots
Basic Training – This training will cover tax topics covered in the IRS Link & Learn Basic course and TaxWise software use to prepare a Basic qualified tax return.
- January 7th, 2012 / 9am – 5pm / 25 computer spots
- January 14th, 2012 / 9am – 5pm / 25 computer spots available
Intermediate Training - This training will cover tax topics covered in the IRS Link & Learn Intermediate course and TaxWise software use to prepare an Intermediate qualified tax return.
- January 7th, 2012 / 9am – 5pm / 18 computer spots available
- January 14th, 2012 / 9am – 5pm / 18 computer spots available
- January 21st, 2012 / 9am – 5pm / 25 computer spots available
Testing Lab – Computer lab access will be provided with trainers. This is an opportunity to take your certification tests and ask questions of the trainers.
- January 21st, 2012 / 9am – 5pm / 18 computer spots available